Expand server memory ubuntu 20.04 (ZIMBRA)

ajaxpain

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I have a problem with my Ubuntu server, which I use as a mail server using Zimbra.
The problem I have is that I am running out of space, what I want is to add another storage disk, but how would I do so that when the initial disk is full, the new information begins to fill on the new disk that I will add to the server.
1704298253230.png

Looks like your system is running LVM with the /dev/mapper device. In that case you can likely use the tools of LVM to readjust the sizes of the partitions, in particular reducing the boot partition which appears to be unnecessarily large at 1.5G. Usually, 500M is enough for the couple of kernels it needs to hold with the associated image and config files.

Looks like your system is running LVM with the /dev/mapper device. In that case you can likely use the tools of LVM to readjust the sizes of the partitions, in particular reducing the boot partition which appears to be unnecessarily large at 1.5G. Usually, 500M is enough for the couple of kernels it needs to hold with the associated image and config files.
After making this change, could I add a new storage drive and would my email service information be copied to this new drive?

The LVM tools will certainly enable you to add new storage and incorporate it into the current system. Not being a user in recent years of LVM, I'm not able to provide any details. It's a learning curve, but looks to be useful in your situation.

Members online